While visiting a foreign country, you are bound to run into some difficulties you haven’t experienced before. Whether these difficulties are cultural differences or dealing with an unfamiliar language, learning how to navigate them effectively will help you feel more at ease and possibly even help you make new friends!
With that in mind, here are seven tips for using technology safely when traveling:
1. Make sure your devices are protected by purchasing a good case for them.
2. Always have a backup charger on hand just in case.
3. If you plan on using Wi-Fi while away from home, make sure it is secure (look for https).
4. Don’t give out any personal information unless absolutely necessary (i.e., don’t tell anyone where you live).
5. Use apps like Google Translate to communicate with locals.
6. Keep all of your important documents in one place so they can be easily accessed if needed.
7. And finally, always let someone know where you are going and when you expect to return so they can contact authorities if something goes wrong.